Hi, my name's Riva! Nice to meet you!
Click below & be directed to more info!
Eldest of Three
Favorite Color: Purple
Favorite Disney Movie: The Little Mermaid
Favorite Song: "Here Comes the Sun"
Favorite Candy: M&Ms
Hometown: Santa Barbara, California
Favorite Food: Sushi
Adult, Child, and Infant CPR and AED Certified
AHA Basic Life Support Program
I have been watching children for 10 years. As the oldest sibling, I took on the role of babysitter once my parents deemed I was old enough. I have always taken on the task of ensuring a safe environment for whoever I watch since I started my babysitting journey with the children I loved the most.
With the experience of babysitting my siblings, as I got older I began to babysit for neighborhood children and family friends. Even in college, I let local families know that I could still make myself available, even with my busy college schedule. Since I moved to New York, I have been taking freelance babysitting gigs to supplement my income and to help fund my career goal of being a full-time actress.
I pride myself on being a child at heart and knowing how to keep children engaged while demonstrating responsibility and exercising discipline. I want children to have a good time hanging out with me so that they see me as a reward and something to look forward to. I love to use my theatrical background when I babysit, playing pretend, drawing pictures, and expressing ourselves creatively.
I have experience babysitting at homes, hotels, and large events (weddings, bar mitzvahs, funerals, etc.). I have watched children in the morning, afternoon, evening, and overnight. The largest group I have ever babysat for was a family of 6 children, ages ranging from 3-12.
Sitters Studio Sitter employed September 2021-December 2022 (agency closed after 15 years of business)
- Employed at a unique arts-based babysitting agency, headquartered in New York City, that provides families with artistic caregivers and creative childcare solutions.
- Featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune Magazine, and New York Magazine.
- Background checked under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Babysat for families at many hotels including The Mandarin Oriental, Plaza Hotel, Event Hotel, Times Square Edition, JW Marriott Essex House, Dominick Hotel, Empire Hotel. Le Méridien, 1 Hotel Central Park, Park Hyatt Hotel, and more.
Stage Left Productions Santa Barbara Summer 2018
(Was a Counselor/CIT 3 years (and was a camper for 7 years!) before being promoted to head counselor.)
- Led pre-professional 4-week theatre summer camp of 60+ campers ages 9-16 that specialized in audition technique, scene study, characterization, vocal technique, improv, and dancing.
- Organized a staff of high schoolers and volunteers to help facilitate the running of an on-time camp schedule. This included a smooth transition from activities, a safe and healthy snack break, and opening and closing day announcements.
- Developed games that strengthened campers' improvisational and public speaking abilities. This included modifying improv games to fit the age group and developing new games that would enhance their confidence and performance skills.
Teacher's Assistant Academic Year, 2014-2016
Congregation B'nai B'rith
- Served as a bi-weekly teacher's assistant in a Hebrew school classroom for 3rd-grade students.
- Led curriculum-based activities and helped the teacher with organization, classroom management, and rewarding/disciplining the students.
- Supervised children at recess on the playground, ensuring their safety and mediating conflicts.
Children's Birthday Party Entertainer Gig based, 2014-2017
Tea in Tiaras
- Performed songs and stories for children’s birthday parties by dressing up as either a pre-existing character or a made-up fairytale character.
- Developed interactive themed games per the age group and party theme.
- Interacted with children, utilizing improvisation to preserve the magic and ensure an entertaining party.
Santa Barbara Theatre Initiative for Young Adults
- Founded a youth theatre company with the goal of producing student-led and facilitated work for high schoolers.
- Delegated tasks to production teams regarding FOH and backstage operations.
- Produced three successful shows with students represented from all local schools.
B.A. Theater - University of California, Los Angeles 2021
- Ray Bolger Musical Theater Program | additional classes in producing and directing
- GPA: 3.8
- Dean's List, Undergraduate Theatre Council
Dos Pueblos High School, Class of 2017
National Honor Society, Associated Student Body Commissioner of the Arts, Dos Pueblos Theatre Company Treasurer, Rotary Club
Advanced in American Sign Language. Strong public speaking skills. Advanced skills with all social media platforms. Creative writing. Strong imagination. Leadership training. Quick learner. Improv Training. Acting. Singing. Dancing. Directing.